Jon and I had a fun date Saturday night....Japanese food and sushi followed by seeing the second Twilight movie: New Moon! We'd been wanting to try this restaurant, Hayashi that is near our house for awhile that Taryn and Seth really like and we finally did. We really liked it and it's in the same shopping center as the movie theater we go to, so after dinner we just walked a few steps over to the theater to get in line to watch New Moon. We were cracking up because we were surrounded by nothing but teenie boppers. At one point while waiting in line, I overheard a guy in front of us who appeared to be about 16 or 17 say to his friend: "Dude, I feel like such a douche-bag coming to this movie!" To which his friend said, "Yeah man, I know." It really made me giggle, because they obviously were only there because their little girlfriends were just dying to see the movie. Overhearing this, I thought to myself for one minute..."Hmm, I wonder if Jon feels like a douche-bag being here, because let's be honest, I'm the one who really wanted to see the movie." I don't think he felt like that, but I do know that I probably enjoyed the movie more than he did....especially since I read all the books. So if you are wondering if the movie is good or not, I know you will like it if you have read the books. If you haven't read them, I think this one is better than the first movie, but nothing to win an award for. I just really like seeing books made into movies though...even though the books are almost always better. But anyway, it was a really fun date night with Jon, and if you are reading this and you are in a relationship, and you haven't been on a date together in awhile, you should plan one right now! I know many of our friends are starting to have kids, or our jobs can be time consuming and things can get really busy, but I think it is so important to make it a priority to have a date night every now and again! So go plan one, right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment